Food Processing Cleaning Products: U.S. Market Analysis and Opportunities
Base Year: 2018
To Be Published 2nd Quarter 2019
Forecasts to 2023
Regional Coverage: United States
A comprehensive analysis of the market for food processing cleaning products used in industrial settings, including end users’ usage patterns, market trends, and sales and market share of leading suppliers. This report is a companion to Kline’s Foodservice Cleaning Products study, where commercial kitchen cleaning chemicals are profiled.
This Report is Designed to:
- Provide subscribers with a complete qualitative and quantitative analysis of major end-use markets and product categories.
- Deliver comprehensive analysis of the food processing cleaning market including sales, growth, and market shares of leading suppliers.
- Assess industry dynamics and key trends, including business implications.
- Give an overall business outlook and appraisal with five-year forecasts through 2023.
- Profile major industry suppliers, to be used for competitive benchmarking as well as identifying potential merger and acquisition candidates.
- Use a sizeable sample (approximately 600) of structured research with end use decision makers to yield key insights, including usage patterns, critical buying factors, and channels of distribution trends.
- Geographic regions
- Sources and methods
- Assumptions and remarks
- Industry overview
- Market size and segmentation
- Analysis and consumption by:
− End-use segment (see Table 2)
− Product class and category (see Table 1)
− By method of cleaning (CIP, COP, and environmental)
- Trends and opportunities
- Impact of food processing and sanitation trends on cleaning chemicals sales
- Competitive landscape/supplier
- Critical buying factors
- Buying practices
- Outlook and appraisal
Product Category Profiles
Pertinent information and insightful analysis of each of the categories shown in Table 1, including the following information:
- Market trends and usage frequency
- Market size in 2017 and 2018
- Sales by end-use segment (see Table 2)
- Sales by leading suppliers (see Table 3)
- Outlook and assessment to 2023
Profiles of approximately 40 leading manufacturers will include the following information:
- Overview of business
- Corporate sales (if public)
- Food processing cleaning chemicals offered
- Sales of food processing cleaning products in 2017 and 2018
- Market share in 2017 and 2018
- Merger/acquisition activity of note
- How products are sold to end users
- Forecast of future sales through 2023
* Subject to charter subscriber input
|Table 1: Product Classes and Categories
|Cleaners and detergents (both alkaline and
|Direct food antimicrobials|
|Table 3: Companies to be Profiled|
|Diamond Chemical Company|
|Hydrite Chemical Company|
|IBA Dairy Supplies|
|Madison Chemical Company|
|Packers Sanitation Services Inc. (PSSI)|
|Procter & Gamble Professional|
|Rochester Midland Corporation|
|State Industrial Products|
|Table 2: End-use Segments Surveyed|
|Dairy processing plants|
|Egg processing plants|
|Hog and poultry farms|
|Meat and poultry processing plants|
|a- Includes animal food manufacturing, grain and oilseed
milling, sugar and confectionery manufacturing, seafood,
Scope & Benefits
Food Processing Cleaning Products: U.S. Market Analysis and Opportunities represents the sixth edition of this report for Kline & Company. Previous editions were published by Kline & Company periodically from 1987-2005, with an independent assessment conducted by long-time Kline associate, Boynick Consulting, in 2009. With this study, we aim to understand how industry consolidation impacts the market and how changes in the business affect growth opportunities, including value-added service requirements that vary by end-use segment and continue to evolve, product usage trends and frequency, and sales and growth of major suppliers. The study concludes with a five-year forecast for this market. The report covers the U.S. market for industrial food processing cleaning chemicals with sales data for products and companies in 2017 and 2018. Food processing cleaning equipment, tools, and machinery are not included in this report.
This study provides subscribers with accurate and current information and insights about the industrial food processing cleaning market, profiles of major companies, and extensive research with commercial end users to understand the size of the market, key usage trends, and how market trends impact sales of food processing cleaning chemicals. Specifically, this report offers subscribers a comprehensive assessment of the following:
- The size of food processing cleaning products and relative rates of growth for specific end uses and leading companies.
- The relative size of suppliers and their market shares, and how that changes over time.
- Key trends, cleaning methods, and usage patterns and how they differ by end-use segment.
- Trends pertaining to food processing and sanitation regulations, and their impact on the cleaning chemicals market.
- End users’ preferences for channels of distribution and critical buying factors
- Forecast sales and expectations for these products in the future.