Seed Treatment: Global Market Analysis and Opportunities
Base Year: 2018
To Be Published 4th Quarter 2018 - 1st Quarter 2019
Regional Coverage: Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, South America
A comprehensive analysis designed to provide crop protection suppliers with the latest information on the size, structure, and outlook for the seed treatment pesticide market in major country/crop markets across the globe.
This Report Helps Subscribers by:
- Evaluating the seed treatment pesticide market for the leading crops globally
- Understanding which pest are seed treatment pesticides used to control by crop and country
- Providing a list of current polymers and seed coatings used by country and crop
- Including a list of plant nutrients used in seed treatment by country and crop, where applicable
- Providing sales by brand for the major seed treatment suppliers by country and crop
Includes forecasts generated with Kline’s FutureView Scenario Forecasting Model.
- Description of diseases, insects, nematodes, and other reasons seeds are treated; control options; current active ingredients and select products under development
- Product formulations, rates, and application issues and opportunities
- Combination products
- Seed treatment methods
- Interface between seed treatment and biotechnology
- United States
- United Kingdom
Each country section contains the following topics for the crops listed in Table 1:
- Crop background
- Planted acres
- Crop end use by acres or volume; regional differences within countries where appropriate
- Production and crop protection methods
- Key seed suppliers and their product compatibility with treatment
- Role of seed treatment as crop protection method
- Key diseases, insects, nematodes, and other reasons seeds are treated; regional differences within countries when appropriate
- Non-chemical alternatives
- Brand sales and market share for seed treatment products
- Sales by active ingredient use for seed treatment products
- Sales by company for seed treatment products
- Seed treatment outlook and assumptions by crop background
A database with the research results will be available to allow subscribers to create their own reports and sort the information any way they choose.
* Subject to charter subscriber input
|Table 1: Seed Treatment Country/Crop Coverage|
|Region/country||Corn/ maize||Soybeans||Wheat||Potatoes||Rice||Sugar beets||Cotton||Sunflowers||Canola/rape-a||Sorghum||Other|
Scope & Benefits
Seed Treatment: Global Market Analysis and Opportunities is a detailed analysis of and outlook for one of the most dynamic sectors in all of crop protection. A number of converging trends make this the right time for this overview:
- As commodity prices remain somewhat depressed for growers around the world, it makes even more sense for growers to look at lower cost methods of protecting their crops.
- As biotechnology advancements have increased the value of some field crop seed by introducing new traits, growers have demanded better protection of that seed to maximize their return on investment.
- At the same time, new active ingredients have been introduced that present new opportunities for seed protection.
- As biocontrol methods of protecting seed are becoming more readily available, growers are looking at the value of these controls versus the traditional seed treatment options.
This report focuses on the application of fungicides, insecticides, and nematicides including all biopesticides that may be applied as a way of protecting the seed and seedlings. Enhancement products such as polymers and colorants are also covered. The study reviews the most common seedling diseases, insects, and nematodes for the crops being studied. The report also addresses cultural practices and non-chemical control methods, and then focuses on the technologies and products used to treat seed prior to planting. Most of the report focuses on offfarm treatment, but in cases where on-farm treatment is important, these treatments are covered as well. Crops covered in this report are:
- Canola/oilseed rape
- Sugar beets
The report serves as an excellent reference for developing and executing marketing plans, providing:
- Estimates of market sizes and outlook for key seed treatment crops in 12 countries
- A highly reliable and independent assessment of the competitive positions of the major seed treatment suppliers in terms of product sales and market share
- Management-level insights into the reasons for treatment, the key insects and diseases being treated, and the leading products in each segment
- For marketers interested in increasing their penetration into seed treatment, we provide an assessment of strengths and weaknesses for current products and a tabulation of unmet needs provided by our respondents
- For product developers, we provide an overview of the cultural practices used by growers to produce their crops, the role of seed treatment, and opportunities to establish or increase market penetration