Independent Stylists: Global Market Brief
Base Year: 2019
Forecasts to 2024
Brazil, France, Russia, United Kingdom and United States Published June 2020
Canada Published September 2020
Regional Coverage: Asia, Europe, Latin America, North America
The increasing importance and impact of independent hair stylists has been a major factor in the development of many professional hair care markets. Whether mobile and at-home hairdressers in Russia or booth renters in the United States, these independent stylists, growing in number and importance have drawn the attention of many salon hair care manufacturers, as their purchase patterns, brands they work with, and services they provide seem to differ from some of those that can be attributed to traditional hair salons. These independent stylists have become an important target group for several brands and can become game changers in the salon hair care industry. Based on a survey to be conducted with hundreds of independent stylists across five countries, along with Kline’s principal approach of unstructured interviews with market participants, this new study will take the first-ever look into this important market niche.
This Report Addresses Questions Such as:
- How many independent stylists are there in each country?
- Which services do they offer?
- Which products are the most popular?
- What is the size and growth of this segment be in terms of service revenue?
- Where do independent stylists purchase the products that they work with?
- Which brands make an impact?
Global Executive Summary
- Key lessons learned
- Trends and developments
- Market sales and growth (2018 and 2019)
- Services offered
- Breakdown by country
- Brands offered
- Future outlook
Brief summaries highlighting the key features for each market listed in Table 1. Information provided includes:
- Estimated number of independent stylists (2018 and 2019)
- Estimated market sales and growth (2018 and 2019)
- Types of independent stylists present in the market
- Role of independent stylists in the overall professional market
- Purchase channels
- Services offered
- Brands used
- Future outlook
* Subject to charter subscriber input
|Table 1. Markets Covered|
Scope & Benefits
Independent stylists: Global Market Brief will provide a detailed independent appraisal of this fast-moving market segment and explore opportunities and challenges for industry participants.
- For the purposes of this study, independent hair stylists are those stylists working on their account, not affiliated with/employed by any hair salon.
- Independent stylists include mobile hairdressers, at-home hairdressers, as well as booth-renters (also renting out space in the so-called “salon- suites.”)
- Geographic scope: Brazil, Canada, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- A structured telephone survey with 600 independent stylists will be conducted as the core of this study.
This report will help market participants better capitalize on the growing independent stylists.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends and developments that will drive the independent stylists’ market.
- Understand the landscape with key data and insights on the number of independent stylists, brands they use, purchase pattern, and the services they offer.
- Learn which products and product forms will be most important to independent stylists.
- Understand the decision-making factors when it comes to choosing the brands used.
- Design your product development, marketing, and sales strategies.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies.