Business Outlook for Polyisobutylenes: Global Market Analysis and Opportunities
Base Year: 2019
To be Published 3rd Quarter 2020
Forecasts to 2029
Regional Coverage: Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Rest of the World
Polyisobutylene (PIB) is a versatile product with a wide range of applications in lubricant and fuel additives and basestocks, among others. While the overall finished lubricant demand growth has plateaued, new capacity is planned to be added. On the other hand, there is a growing preference for high reactive (HR) PIBs compared to conventional PIBs. The next five to 10 years are important for the PIB market as market participants prepare themselves for the changing market scenario.
This report helps subscribers to:
- Assess the total current supply/capacity of PIBs and the outlook − By region, supplier, PIB type (high reactive [HR-PIB] vs conventional), and PIB grade (low, medium, or high molecular weight)
- Assess the current demand for PIB and the outlook − By region, application, PIB type, and PIB grade
- Understand the growth drivers and challenges for each of the major end-use segment of PIBs
- Evaluate the threats from various substitutes in various applications
- Assess the supply/demand gap (current and future) for PIBs to identify potential opportunities
- Assess the level of competition in the PIB market
- Understand the PIB operations of the major suppliers
- An overview of key findings
- Type of PIBs (high reactive PIB, conventional PIB), grades-a of PIBs (low, mid, and high molecular weight of PIBs)
- Product characteristics/properties
- Raw material and production process
- Overall supply/capacity by PIB type, PIB grade, supplier, and region
- Brief profiles of the leading PIB suppliers covering their PIB-related operations, as shown in Table 1
- Supply outlook: new capacity additions/plant closures by region, PIB type, PIB grade, and suppliers
a- Low molecular weight range: Less than 1,000
Mid molecular weight range: 1,000 to 2,300
High molecular weight range: 2,300 to 8,500
NOTE: Molecular weight grades greater than 8,500 are not covered, as these are different chemistries.
- PIB demand by applications (lubricant additives, fuel additives, lubricant basestock, sealants, adhesives, stretch films, mining explosives, and others), region, product type, and PIB grade
- A brief profile of the leading end-use applications and desired performance characteristics of PIBs in these applications, suitability and demand for various types and grades of PIBs in respective applications
- Threat from substitutes
- Demand outlook by end-use application, region, and product type
Supply Demand Balance
- Current and emerging supply demand balance by PIB type and region
- Assessment of PIB market's attractiveness
- Opportunities as a brightstocks' substitute
* Subject to charter subscriber input
|Features an add-on report on the China PIB market outlining the supply and demand scenario for the period 2019 to 2029.|
Scope & Benefits
Business Outlook for Polyisobutylenes: Global Market Analysis and Opportunities focuses on the global PIB market. PIB has a wide range of applications, including lubricant additives, fuel additives, lubricant basestocks, adhesives, stretch films, and mining explosives, among others. PIBs are produced in two major types—conventional and high-reactive (HR-PIB). The report provides a detailed analysis on the application of both of these types of PIBs. Furthermore, PIBs can be produced in a wide range of molecular weight (MW). This report provides an in-depth analysis of the supply and demand scenario for PIBs within the molecular weight range of 8,500 and less. PIBs with molecular weight greater than 8,500 and hydrogenated PIBs are not included in the scope of this study.
The study will have a global coverage with information arranged by key regions:
- North America
- Rest of the World
This report is a syndicated analysis designed specifically to help subscribers identify the key growth areas for various types and grades of PIBs. In addition to providing an objective and thorough analysis of PIB supply and demand, the study presents an unbiased, forward-thinking assessment of what the business for this product will look like in the next 10 years on a global basis. The report analyzes the top end-use egments in various regions and help identify the opportunities and challenges within each of these segments.
- The study is useful tool for sales, marketing, finance, technology, and strategy personnel to quickly learn the basics of the PIB market and business, understand PIB requirements for various key applications, and make business decisions.
- The study provides valuable insights and information on business opportunities and threats and respond to them by making sound business decisions.