Medical Spas: U.S. Channel Assessment
Base Year: 2023
To be Published: Q2 2024
Regional Coverage: United States
Medical spas have been growing in popularity over the past few years, reflecting the boom in consumers looking to enhance their overall wellness and youthfulness. These outlets including OVME, Ideal Image, and Modern Age offer a unique blend of medical aesthetic treatments such as injectables plus spa and wellness services.
This offering takes an inside look at how the channel has evolved, what makes these outlets attractive, and why professional skin care brands are expanding their field teams to support these outlets.
- Outlets that are owned by a licensed physician or have a licensed medical professional on-site
- Outlets that offer aesthetic non-surgical procedures as well as spa services. Outlets may offer mental health and nutrition services.
- Outlets that use branded professional skin care products as well as their own private label during services and offer products for take-home use
- Includes results from a survey with 150 medical spas
Table of Contents
- Trends and developments
- Professional skin care sales evolution 2019-2023
- Number of outlets 2019-2023
- Role of e-commerce
- Snapshots of select medical spa chains
- Forecast through 2028
Inside the Med Spa
A close-up look inside these outlets is based on a survey of 150 medical spas. Key metrics will be provided as illustrated in Table 1.
|TABLE 1. ILLUSTRATIVE LIST OF AREAS TO BE SURVEYED|
|Revenue and growth of channel|
|Impact of economy on revenues|
|Service versus skin care sales revenue|
|Role of social media and marketing activities|
|Average consumer spend annually on services and skin care product|
|Skin care concerns of priority|
|Importance of supplier delivery on training and education, innovative portfolio, customer service, and price/value-added services|
|Number of services performed per month by type|
|Best-selling skin care brands|
This service will assist professional skin care marketers in identifying opportunities and shortfalls that require focus as well as establishing near-term and long-term strategies. These insights help subscribers to:
- Strategize on how best to grow sales in this channel
- Understand needs of the medical spa channel and areas of growth
- Evaluate future partnerships with select outlets