Since the change of the millennium, fashion, beauty, interior design, and other aesthetic indicators have been celebrating multiple decades concurrently. Not that long ago, trends came and went, where one era or particular look was popular for a while and then faded away. Once upon a time, each decade actually had its own distinctive look. Nowadays, one can observe strong influences from the 1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s all in the same season’s runways.
However, some looks are still more predominant in beauty during certain seasons. Some beautiful hair and makeup trends for fall and winter 2012 are summarized here.
- Deep berry shades
- Shiny red
- Pale lavender
- Charcoal with gold flecks
- Peacock blue chrome
- Polka dots
- Different colored tips for French manicures (black, metallic, etc)
- Bright, frosty colors on eyes (à la the1980s)
- Intense brown eye shadow all around the eye
- Wine-red lips (from matte to gloss all seen)
- Rosy cheeks
- Thicker and more obviously defined brows
- From fall runways:
- Tight pony tails
- Low volume, imperfect long hair
- Twists and braids
- Most requested hairstyles in the United States:
- Super short pixie
- Long layered waves
- Wispy bob
- Blunt bangs
Subscribe now to Cosmetics &Toiletries USA (base year: 2012) to make sure to get in on the action.