[TREND 27] The Rise of Clean-Label in Food & Beverages
An increasing number of consumers opt for food and beverage products that they perceive to be “clean” or “natural.” Gluten-free, non-GMO, no artificial colors, organic, grass-fed, and preservative-free are claims consumers pay attention to in their quest for cleaner, greener living.
Approximately 58% of millennials consider buying clean and natural products as essential and very important, while only 45% of Gen Z and 42% of Boomers feel this way. There is a rising demand for clean label in response to COVID-19, and retailers are catering to the increasing demand of consumers.
The top two ingredients that consumers tend to avoid are sugar and corn syrup. Older respondents were more likely to avoid sugar than younger respondents. Clean label ingredients constitute 7%-10% of the total market for food ingredients in the United States. Key drivers for the growth of clean-label ingredients are new clean label product launches and health-associated issues related to artificial and synthetic food ingredients.
#klinetrends #kline2020countdown #cleanlabel #natural #green #glutenfree
Follow our 2020 COUNTDOWN CALENDAR for the 30 biggest trends HERE
- The Virality of Makeup Keeps Cosmetics and Toiletries Sales Optimistic
- From Boom to Sale: Hand Care Leader GOJO Seeks New Ownership
- The Rapidly Changing Empty Hard Capsules Market: Where Do Opportunities Lie?
- Five Facts About the Global Medical Dispensing Skin Care Market
- Immersion Cooling In Data Centers: An Emerging Opportunity