The Global Business Outlook for Brightstocks
Published January 2016
Base Year: 2015
Forecasts to 2025
Regional Coverage: Africa and the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, South America
As Group I plants shut down due to declining demand and increased competition from high performance basestocks,
the supply of brightstocks, produced exclusively by Group I plants, is reduced. The resultant scarcity in
supply of high viscosity basestocks poses significant challenges and opportunities for brightstock suppliers and
This report will help subscribers to:
- Assess where the brightstocks business is today
and where it is going
− Globally and by region
- Understand the critical supply and demand drivers
− Projected plant closures, expansions, and
grassroots investments for brightstocks
− Changes in formulation approach based on
quality shifts and changes in brightstocks
- Assess the future supply and demand for brightstocks
- Assess the impact of short supply of brightstocks
on their formulations
- Evaluate the various substitutes available to meet
the shortfall in brightstocks
- Identify business opportunities and threats to
buyers and suppliers
Current and Forecast Demand
Current and Forecast Supply
- Current formulation approach and brightstock
- Demand by applications and region
- Lubricant demand outlook and shifts in
- Brightstock demand outlook
Supply and Demand Analysis
- Leading global suppliers
- Supply by region and key plants
- Supply outlook
- Current and projected supply demand balance
- Naphthenic brightstocks
- Other substitutes
* Subject to charter subscriber input
- Business outlook, opportunities, and challenges
for brightstock suppliers and blenders
- Barriers for entry for substitutes
Global Business Outlook for Brightstocks will provide subscribers with an accurate and
independent assessment of the business opportunities, challenges, and threats in the global
brightstocks market for suppliers and buyers. Specifically, the study will analyze:
- Current and projected supply of brightstocks
- Current and projected demand of brightstocks
- Emerging shortfall in the brightstocks market
- Potential substitutes, their supply and suitability for different applications
The study is global in nature and will analyze trends by key regions including: North America, South
America, Europe, Asia, and Africa Middle East. Brightstock substitutes to be analyzed in the study include:
polyalphaolefins (PAO), polyisobutenes (PIBs), polyalkylene glycols (PAGs), and naphthenic brightstocks.
This is a syndicated report designed to provide an objective and thorough analysis of brightstock
supply and demand, emerging supply gap, and potential substitutes.
- The study is a useful tool for sales, marketing, finance, technology and strategy personnel to quickly
learn the basics of brightstocks market and business, understand brightstock requirements for blending,
understand market dynamics, and make business decisions.
- The study provides valuable insights and information on business opportunities and threats.
n The study helps subscribers to identify the likely shortfall in brightstock supply, and identify the suitable
option to make up for this shortfall.
Kline’s approach places principal emphasis on primary research techniques to ensure that the foundation of
business intelligence and insight is accurate, current, and reliable. Building on our 50-plus years in the business
and leveraging our worldwide network of offices, our teams of seasoned professionals draw upon pragmatic
industrial and commercial experience to understand and interpret global impacts and local perspectives.
We Know Who to Talk to. We Know How to Listen.
A high number of in-depth discussions are conducted
by each analyst. Up to 60% of interviews are done
with the true industry insiders!
Kline’s analysts draw upon pragmatic experience to
understand global impacts and local perspectives.
Our interviews engage experts across all pertinent
fields and sectors including:
- Government agencies
- Trade organizations
We Know Where to Look – Mining the Details.
Analysis is further supplemented by secondary
research, consisting of constant tracking of annual
company reports, national statistics bureaux, trade/
industrial/professional associations and the like.
Relevant developments are diligently followed and
their impact closely monitored. Reports also draw
upon non-confidential data from Kline’s internal
database, consisting of over half a century’s
Comprehensive Market Intelligence
We Know How to Verify.
Data are rigorously analyzed, cross-checked, distilled
and validated. Kline’s proven methodology allows
exceptionally effective, precise and reliable market intelligence procurement and assessment, giving
subscribers a solid foundation on which to grow, refine and expand their business with confidence.
Kline is a leading global management consulting and market research firm offering the complete
spectrum of services. The firm has served the management consulting and market research needs
of organizations in the chemicals, materials, energy,
life sciences, and consumer products industries for
over 50 years.