The Global Business Outlook for Brightstocks
Base Year: 2017
Published December 2017
Forecasts to 2027
Regional Coverage: Africa and the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, South America
As Group I plants shut down due to declining demand and increased competition from high performance basestocks, the supply of brightstocks, produced exclusively by Group I plants, is reducing. The resultant scarcity in supply of high viscosity basestocks poses significant challenges and opportunities for brightstock suppliers and buyers. Lately, there has been some new brightstock capacities added by a few refiners; however, the trend in Group I capacity shutdowns has resulted in net reduction for brightstock capacity. Lubricant blenders are looking at several solutions to address this shortfall in the form of alternate Group II brightstocks, naphthenic brightstocks, high viscosity synthetic basestock and additive fixes.
This report helps subscribers to:
- Assess where the brightstocks business is today and where it is going
− Globally and by region
- Understand the critical supply and demand drivers including:
− Projected plant closures, expansions, and grassroots investments for brightstocks
− Changes in formulation approach based on quality shifts and changes in brightstocks availability
- Assess the future supply and demand for brightstocks
- Assess the impact of short supply of brightstocks on their formulations
- Evaluate the various substitutes available to meet the shortfall in brightstocks
- Identify business opportunities and threats to buyers and suppliers
Current and Forecast Demand
- Current formulation approach and brightstock need
- Demand by applications and region
- Lubricant demand outlook and shifts in formulation
- Brightstock demand outlook
Current and Forecast Supply
- Leading global suppliers
- Supply by region and key plants
- Supply outlook
- PBF Energy
- SK Lubricants
Supply and Demand Analysis
- Current and projected supply demand balance by region
- Polyalkylene glycols
- Naphthenic brightstocks
- Alternate brightstocks (Group II brightstocks)
- Other substitutes
- Business outlook, opportunities, and challenges for brightstock suppliers and blenders
- Barriers for entry for substitutes
Scope & Benefits
Global Business Outlook for Brightstocks provides subscribers with an accurate and independent assessment of the business opportunities, challenges, and threats in the global brightstocks market for suppliers and buyers. Specifically, the study analyzes:
- Current and projected supply of brightstocks
- Current and projected demand of brightstocks
- Emerging shortfall in the brightstocks market
- Potential substitutes, their supply and suitability for different applications
The study is global in nature and analyzes trends by key regions including: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa Middle East. Brightstock substitutes to be analyzed in the study include: polyalphaolefins, polyisobutene), polyalkylene glycol), and naphthenic brightstocks.
This is a syndicated report designed to provide an objective and thorough analysis of brightstock supply and demand, emerging supply gap, and potential substitutes.
- The study is a useful tool for sales, marketing, finance, technology and strategy personnel to quickly learn the basics of brightstocks market and business, understand brightstock requirements for blending, understand market dynamics, and make business decisions.
- The study provides valuable insights and information on business opportunities and threats.
- The study helps subscribers to identify the likely shortfall in brightstock supply, and identify the suitable option to make up for this shortfall.