Last week, Yankita Garid, Researcher in our Beauty and Wellbeing sector, attended the 23rd edition of the Professional Beauty India Trade Show, taking place at Pragati Maidan in Delhi. “The exhibit hall was lively featuring live beauty demonstrations, as well as the latest product launches and new brand entries,” Garid notes.
Here are some standout takeaways from the show with a focus on hair care:
- Olaplex displayed its entire range of products alongside its newly Lashbond™ Building Serum, which is made with two new patented technologies in combination with hyaluronic acid and biotin. It claims to provide thicker, denser lashes and make them look longer and more lifted.
- Godrej Professional launched Dimension Ombreyage Collection, featuring inclusivity champions such as Nitasha Biswas, Archana Akil Kumar, Aayushi Badheka, and Zander Lama—all of them once criticized either for their body size, skin color, sexual orientation, or regional heritage.
- Moroccanoil added body care to its existing product line in India. The paraben-free and mineral oil-free range includes non-greasy body oils and serums that claim to quickly get absorbed into the skin. Additionally, it also launched the Blonde Perfecting Purple shampoo and conditioner for those with blonde, lightened, or grey hair.
- K18 launched K18 Biomimetic Hairscience, claiming to restore 91% original hair strength and 94% original elasticity in one salon treatment.
- Ikonic introduced a range of new products, including the Ikonic Dynamite Pro 2500+, Pro Titanium Shine, and Ikonic S3+, which are designed to elevate the hair styling experiences.
- Beauty Essentials expanded its offering with Mediceuticals, a U.S.-born brand that specializes in scalp care. It unveiled five kits targeting different scalp issues, including oily scalp, dandruff, dry scalp, and thinning hair, with separate kits for men and women.
- Beauty Gang, founded by industry veterans Priyanshu Goyal, Manoj Kumar, and Ishika Goyal in 2022, showcased two new lines designed to tame frizzy hair: Botoplastia and X-Plex.
- Aveo Professional is a new entry in the India professional hair care market, offering various hair treatments. One in particular is Regrowth RX, which is formulated with Procapil to target the aging of hair’s follicle, SymHair Force to reduce greasy scalp, as well as Copper Tripeptide and Botin to stimulate hair regrowth and restore shine.
- Curlin, a relatively new brand that focuses on catering to the unique needs of wavy and curly hair types, showcased a wide range of products dedicated to maintaining healthy and shiny curls. It also offers a personalized quiz to recommend suitable products based on individual preferences.
What is the size and growth of the India professional hair care market? What are the category drivers and trends? How is distribution structured, and how big are sales outside of salons? Which are the leading marketers of salon hair care products, and what are their market share? Find out from the 25th edition of our Salon Hair Care Global Series, featuring standalone reports on more than 30 markets, including India.