“Clean” claims are resonating more than ever with consumers, as the level of awareness surrounding ingredient safety and toxicity continued to increase in 2020. Brands leaned on this, creating extensive “free-from” lists, to promote the idea of safety. These claims were especially prominent in key categories such as facial skin care, hand and body lotions, and personal cleansing, where consumers valued safer options for everyday or essential products.
Sustainability also grew in terms of importance, as brands giving back to their communities and making an impact on the environment were key points of differentiation during the coronavirus pandemic. These big moves led to a substantial increase of the truly natural segment, which, by far, outpaced the nature-inspired segment in 2020 and is set to win over consumers.
What’s included in this complimentary report:
- Evolution of the natural and clean beauty market over the years
- Shifts in product class shares and key trends to watch
- A look at the leading natural players with snapshots of fast-movers such as Hand in Hand, Hello Bello, Live Clean, among others
- The role of sustainability and key initiatives for brands like Weleda, Alpyn Beauty, Native, Hello Products, and more
- Spotlight on retail channels, highlighting wins and losses
- Market predictions up to 2025
To get a full view of the dynamic market for naturally positioned, clean, and organic beauty and personal care products, refer to our Natural and Clean Beauty Global Series report. The study looks at key markets like Brazil, China, Europe, and the United States to assess brands’ true degrees of naturalness based on Kline’s proprietary rating scale.
STAY INFORMED WITH RELATED REPORTS
Professional Hair Care Indies: Global Analysis of Brands to Watch
Multi-Site Skin Care and Wellness Destinations: U.S. Assessment
Medical-Dispensed Skin Care: Mid-Year 2023 Update
Skin Care 360˚: U.S. Market Brief
Salon Distribution Benchmarking
Salon Hair Care Global Series: Mid-Year 2023 Update
Salon Purchase Channels U.S., Europe & China Market Analysis
Professional Hair Color: Global Market Snapshot
Professional Skin Care Global Series: Market Analysis and Opportunities
Salon Hair Care Global Series: Market Analysis and Opportunities