Dermstore entered the dotcom market more than 20 years ago. Its sales reached $230 million in 2020, up more than 65% from 2019. The e-tailer got a jolt from the pandemic as eager consumers flocked to the website for skin care tips, new regimens, and personal consultations. At the beginning of 2021, Dermstore was acquired by The Hut Group, a well-known international Pro Beauty/Premium Beauty e-tailer with distribution in more than 150 markets. The future looks promising for Dermstore, as it will benefit from the resources of its new parent company as well as the uptick in consumers wanting professional beauty products. To monitor the performance of other key retailers, refer to our Beauty Retailing USA report.
- These 3 Indie Beauty Brands Could Be the Next Billion-Dollar Buyouts
- [Live Webinar] Foodservice Cleaning Products: Trends Shift as the Pandemic Continues
- Snif: A New Way to Discover and Enjoy Fragrances
- Face Value: Consumers Expected to Spend More on Professional Skin Care
- Avène: Rooted in Dermatology and Hydrotherapy