While most retailers were severely affected by the damage caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Dollar General prospered: It opened 899 new outlets in 2020 to reach more than 17,000 doors, making this the number–one door count of all retail chains analyzed for beauty in our Beauty Retailing USA reports. Sales for the chain were up almost 22%; one of the reasons behind this healthy growth is the rapid expansion of private–label beauty. In 2020, Dollar General also launched a new store, Popshelf, aimed at higher-end shoppers. For additional insights and data on retailers, please refer to our Beauty Retailing USA report.
- These 3 Indie Beauty Brands Could Be the Next Billion-Dollar Buyouts
- [Live Webinar] Foodservice Cleaning Products: Trends Shift as the Pandemic Continues
- Snif: A New Way to Discover and Enjoy Fragrances
- Face Value: Consumers Expected to Spend More on Professional Skin Care
- Avène: Rooted in Dermatology and Hydrotherapy