Earlier this month, Dmitrii Bachukin, Researcher in our Beauty and Wellbeing sector, attended Top Hair International, a highly regarded professional hair care trade show in the DACH region. A broad range of activities—including live demonstrations, interactive booths, educational sessions, and networking opportunities—were offered.
While major salon hair care brands, such as Schwarzkopf Professional and La Biosthetique, were not present this year, smaller brands such as Davines, It’s A 10 Haircare, Artego, and Marc Weiss Paris were highly visible generating excitement among attendees. As always, Davines gave attendees the chance to create their own personalized shampoo with a sample to take home. The brand has also recently announced the opening of a new subsidiary in Düsseldorf as part of its expansion into new markets.
In the exhibition, various brands highlighted their latest products:
- Wella Professionals introduced the Ultimate Repair line, a hair care system that repairs and strengthens damaged hair from the inside out.
- Framesi, an Italian brand, entered the Germany market with its hair care and coloring products, which cater to different hair types and textures.
- Moroccanoil launched a Professional Haircolor line featuring permanent and demi-permanent shades that are infused with the brand’s signature argan oil for nourishment and shine.
- Shazay, a luxury hair care brand, showcased hair care products that use Diamond Filtered Water.
- Kevin Murphy unveiled its latest hair color brand, Me Gloss, which promises to provide a vibrant and glossy finish to the hair.
Besides product discoveries, the inaugural edition of Barber’s Experience was an opportunity for established and emerging barbers to showcase their impressive skills in action, while receiving recognition from the community. The event culminated in the Barber Battles, featuring some of the world’s best barbers competing against each other in various cutting and styling challenges. Brand Uppercut Deluxe made a noteworthy appearance, attracting the attention of attendees with the unique range of its grooming products for men. Uppercut Deluxe has gained a loyal following among men who appreciate the brand’s commitment to traditional grooming practices while embracing modern techniques and ingredients.
For in-depth insights and data on 30 markets, please refer to the 25th edition of our Salon Hair Care Global Series report, which is slated for publication this summer. New features include advanced forecasting, the coverage of Romania and the Baltics, as well as add-on modules covering key topics such as professional hair color, independent stylists, and scalp care.