Reinvention by Necessity
Of all industry sectors, agribusiness is facing the greatest challenges given the global outlook. From providing enough food to feed the projected world population of 9 billion by 2050, many of whom already suffer from food insecurity, to addressing the climate crisis and sustainability demands, participants across the agribusiness value chain need to embrace change to ensure their very survival. For producers of agricultural chemicals, both farm and nonfarm, the need to address environmental issues extends to adopting sustainability practices throughout the supply chain. For end-users, whether a commercial farm operator or a homeowner, land management in the midst of climate change and extreme weather conditions, which are becoming more the norm, are threats that require new products and practices.
To address these challenges, industry participants are adopting new strategies and tactics. In farming, this translates to practices such as precision agriculture, utilizing enablers such as advanced products (e.g., biofertilizers) and digital tools (e.g., drones) to increase efficiency and crop yields. For agricultural chemical producers, products and practices that minimize water use and lower carbon emissions are priorities. Digital technology and predictive analytics are more vital than ever in scenario planning for the rise in extreme weather events.
Kline focuses on agricultural chemicals for both farm and nonfarm applications; categories include:
- Plant growth regulators
- Seed treatment
Our expertise also extends to additives and adjuvants.
Examples of our agribusiness consulting experience are provided below. Please contact us to learn more about our project work and capabilities.
- Strategy support: crop protection additives and adjuvants (global specialty chemical company)
- Market intelligence: concept testing of new ingredients with brand owners (leading chemical company)
- Strategy support: mapping of at-risk fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides by type of active ingredient and country (leading ag chemical company)
- Market intelligence: assessment of seed treatment adhesives (agribusiness company)
- Due diligence: producer of crop protection chemicals and amines (chemical company)
- Market intelligence: root health in perennial crops (agribusiness company)
- M&A advisory: target identification and screening of siloxanes and organic specialty surfactants for agribusiness application (leading specialty chemical company)
- Market intelligence: global biopesticides market analysis (global chemical company)
- Strategy support: market potential and entry assessment – natural insect repellent ingredients (global ingredient supplier)
- Market intelligence: assessment of global bio seed treatment, plant health, and water management markets for select crops (leading global chemical company)