The 20th-anniversary edition of Cosmoprof North America welcomed thousands of international retailers, buyers, distributors, and brands to discover the latest product novelties and key trends in hair, skin, and nail care. Reportedly, the three-day event gathered record-breaking attendance and exhibitor participation from over 100 countries.
“The big crowd only added to the sense of excitement,” says Shivani Singh, Project Manager in our Beauty and Wellbeing sector, who attended the event. “And while the hair care and skin care categories didn’t see the leaders in attendance, the nail care category was well-represented by both leading and up-and-coming makers.”
Zooming in on nail care specifically, here are seven key developments from the event:
1. Apres Gel, a California-based company that shot to fame with its soft gel tips, entered the gel polishes category in 2023 with the Gel Couleur, available in 200 shades.
2. DND showcased a variety of soon-to-be-released products including the Cat Eye and Sheer collections. Unlike most of its lines, which are typically launched in a 2-in-1 format, these new collections will only be launched in gels and nail polishes respectively. In line with the current trend of introducing powder chromes, DND introduced a Liquid Pearl Chrome. Other collections on the display included Free Spirit, Mily Sheer, and Super Glitter, all launched earlier this year.
3. Ella+Mila, a retail-based brand that has gradually entered the professional channel, promoted a nail polish collection made in the United States. Available in 275 shades, the line claims to be 17-Free, vegan, cruelty-free, and PETA-certified. Ella+Mila introduces new shades every few months, with the latest addition to its portfolio being Jelly Colors, which are available in eight shades. introduces new shades every few months, with the latest addition to its portfolio being Jelly Colors, which are available in eight shades.
4. Kupa presented its soft gel tips, namely Enrich Rx Soft Gel Tips, which are available in Almondletto, Coffin, Round, and Square.
5. Orly also finally entered the dipping powders segment with the Pro Powder System, which is available in 60 shades. The brand has also introduced a larger size of its GleFx product line.
6. Revel Nail showcased its latest introduction, Soft Gel Extension Tips, which are available in 13 different styles. The brand has also introduced new shades to match the gel polishes, dipping powders, and traditional nail polishes to be sold either in duos or trios.
7. SNS featured its 2023 seasonal collections including the Candy Sprinkles and Dream Scape collections. Unlike other players, the brand has also reduced the prices of some of its products.
As the power of diversity and inclusivity continues to unfold, this year’s event also placed significant emphasis on supporting black-owned brands. Among those present at the show were Alodia, Camille Rose, Curls, Mielle Organics, Shhy Beauty, and more. Additionally, the growing demand for clean and natural beauty products was once again evident through the abundance of new players entering the market like Ameva Bio, Blessed Bananas, Clapoti, Clover, Firstbase Skincare, Laguna Herbals, Ohana Organics, Oil Divine, Solidu Solid Cosmetics, and Tru Skincare, among others. Men’s care also made a strong presence, catering to diverse grooming needs with brands such as Uppercut, Layrite, and Gummy Professional.
Through our extensive range of market research reports and consulting services, we continue to watch the latest dynamics in the ever-evolving beauty space. Additionally, the 10th edition of our soon-to-be-published Professional Nail Care: Global Market Brief report features a comprehensive analysis of the latest trends and developments, market size and growth, and competitive forces with a view on six key markets including the United States, France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, and Japan.