Retailer Tracking: Monthly Monitor of U.S. Boutique Beauty Retailers
Base Year: 2021
To be Published: Monthly
Regional Coverage: United States
Specialty stores is one of the leading and most dynamic channels for beauty, but also one of the least tracked in terms of data coverage. Leveraging Kline’s long history of successfully monitoring the specialty stores channel through its Beauty Retailing report series, this program offers in-depth insights into the boutique retailer (or vertically-integrated specialty store) channel.
This program will measure total U.S. beauty sales for key boutique beauty retailers each month.
- Categories: Total Beauty including Fragrances, Hair care, Make up, Skin Care, and Toiletries
- Time Periods: Individual months for 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Measurement: Retail dollar sales in USD
- Channel: this study will cover only the physical locations of each selected retailer. Any sales that the brand may generate outside of its own store (e.g., via department stores or the Internet) are excluded from the scope of this program.
Table of Contents
This program features two deliverables: an Excel database to be updated each month, and written retailer profiles to be published annually. All deliverables will be posted on myKline, our new, easy-to-use online report delivery system.
This program will cover approximately 15 boutique beauty retailers* in the United States (see table 1)
- Competitive focus
- Number of doors
- Door openings and closures
- Product assortment and pricing
- Hero products
- Marketing activity
- Fields for Retailer and Parent company
- Total U.S. beauty sales each month
|Table 1: Retailers Covered|
|Bath & Body Works||MAC|
|DECIEM/The Ordinary||The Body Shop|
|Jo Malone||Urban Decay|
*List is tentative and subject to change.