Specialty Biocides: Regional Markets Analysis
Base Year: 2016
Published April 2017
Forecasts to 2021
Regional Coverage: China, Europe, India, United States
While a mature market in terms of technologies, the specialty biocides market is constantly reshaped by regulatory changes and the development of its end-use applications. In addition, the value chain is reshaping with biocides suppliers adapting their offering through formulations to meet customers’ needs. Specialty Biocides: Regional Markets Analysis covers the consumption and the supply of over 100 specialty biocides in 19 major end-use applications in the four key consuming regions globally: China, India, Europe, and the United States.
This Report Will Help Subscribers to:
- What are the sales of biocides by supplier and end-use application in each region?
- Which suppliers are active in key applications, and which biocides are they supplying?
- What are the average prices of various biocides by application?
- Who are the key customers in each application by region?
- What are the main formulated products used in each applications, and what is their consumption?
- What is the forecast consumption in 2021 by application and biocide?
Tentative Report and Database Contents*
Specialty Biocides: Regional Markets Analysis comes as a concise report per region considered and includes a fully interactive database that allows users to customize views according to supplier, biocides, and application.
A concise qualitative report addressing pertinent market issues, challenges, and opportunities for water treatment, oil and gas, and wood preservation segments is included. The industrial preservation and hygiene will include reports as in detail as per subsegment.
Concise Reports Content:
- Macro-economic data about the end-use industry
- Regulatory issues
- Products grades and prices
- Key customers overview
- Consumption by active biocidal ingredient
- Channels of distributions
- Competitive landscape
- Product formulation analysis: types of formulation used and estimated consumption
- Trends affecting the biocides market in the considered applications and market development
* Subject to charter subscriber input
|Table 1: Product Segmentation|
|Major product group||Examples include:|
|Lithium hypochlorite, etc.|
|2. Brominated||Sodium bromide|
| 3-Iodo-2-propynylbutyl carbamate
|INORGANIC BIOCIDES||Cuprous oxide (Cu2O)|
|Chromated copper arsenate (CCA)|
|Copper Hydroxide (Cu(OH)2)|
|NITROGEN-BASED BIOCIDES||Quaternary ammonium compounds
phosphonium sulfate (THPS), etc.
|PHENOLIC BIOCIDES||Pentachlorophenol (PCP)|
|o-Benzo-p-chlorophenol (OBCP), etc.|
|ORGANOMETALLICS BIOCIDES||Copper naphthenate (CuN)|
|Copper thiocyanate (CuSCN)|
|10,10'-Oxybisphenoxarsine (OBPA), etc.|
|1,2-Benzisothiazolin-3-one (BIT), etc.|
|2. Pyrithiones||Zinc-2-pyridinethiol-2-oxide (ZPT)|
|Sodium-2-pyridinethiol-2-oxide (NPT), etc.|
|3. Thiocyanates||Methylenebis(thiocyanate) (MBT)|
|2-(Thiocyanomethylthio) benzothiazole (TCMTB), etc.|
|MISCELLANEOUS BIOCIDES||Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB)|
|Peracetic acid, etc.|
|NOTE: Examples only, the database contains over 100 specialty biocides.|
Scope & Benefits
Specialty Biocides: Regional Markets Analysis will provide an independent appraisal of this complex market and explore market opportunities and challenges for manufacturers of specialty biocides. The results of the study are presented in two complementary tools: an interactive database and concise written report for each end-use application considered.
Databases data includes:
- Total segment volume and value
- Split by region
- Split by product type/product category/product (active ingredient)
- Split by suppliers
- Forecast consumption of biocides (2016-2021)
Products coverage includes over 100 specialty biocides in total (Table 1). Their consumption and supply will be analyzed in 19 major end-use applications (Table 2).
This report will assist material suppliers in identifying opportunities within the global biocides industry. It will also serve as an invaluable tool in the strategic planning process.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends and developments in each end-use applications that are driving the global biocides demand
- Design your product development, marketing, and sales strategies
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies
- Identify key companies best positioned to take advantage of emerging market opportunities