Global biostimulants and biofertilizers sales were estimated at almost USD 2.5 billion in 2023, with India, Spain, and Italy having more than 20% growth annually. Recent years have been economically challenging due to the pandemic, inflation, and fertilizer prices fluctuations, among other factors, but biological input demand continues to grow.
In a special presentation at the ACI Biostimulants 2024 event, now available for download, Aneesa Moolla, Project Manager in our Agrochemicals division, gave an overview on the subject. Among the questions she answered:
- Which crop accounts for the largest share of sales globally?
- What were the main mergers and acquisitions that took place from 2019 to 2023?
- How can plant growth regulators help with the increased need to mitigate biotic and abiotic stress?
- How are companies planning to meet market needs?
- Which ingredients are anticipated to have the highest growth in the market?
- Which emerging markets will gain traction in the future?
All insights were taken from Kline's Biostimulants and Biofertilizers: Global Overview of the Market and Use study, which offers a market view for each country covered, current and forecast brand sales, emerging technologies, and company positions.