Global sales of biopesticides were estimated at a whopping USD 3.0 billion in 2022, with the United States dominating the market by far. Right on its tail: Brazil, which is one of the fastest-growing regions due to a large number of new product registrations annually.
But what is the current status of the biopesticides market in Europe? In a special presentation at the ACI Biopesticides Europe 2023 event -- now available for download -- Aneesa Moolla, Project Manager in our Agrochemicals division, gave an overview on the subject. Among the questions she answered:
- Which companies are the leading suppliers of biopesticides?
- What crop accounts for the largest share of sales in Spain?
- Which crop has the highest forecasted growth over the next five years in Italy?
- Which biopesticide products have lost authorization in France?
- Which field crop/seed treatment application is most favored in Germany?
- How did Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic affect the agricultural industry in the United Kingdom?
- What are the biggest trends in the industry?
- What's the growth forecast by country?
All insights were taken from Kline's Global Biopesticides: An Overview of Natural Pesticides report, which offers a market view for each country covered; insights on key diseases and pests treated with biopesticides; and sales of biological insecticides, nematicides, fungicides, herbicides, and seed treatment products, along with Biostimulants and Biofertilizers: Global Overview of the Market and Use, which provides a market view for each country covered; current and forecast brand sales, emerging technologies, and company positions; and special coverage on plant growth regulators in the United States.