Cannabis in Food & Beverages: U.S. Market Assessment and Opportunities
Base Year: 2019
Forecasts to 2024
To be Published 1st Quarter 2020
Regional Coverage: United States
With the recent passing of the Farm Bill and its tremendous impact on cannabis in many industries including healthcare and beauty, the next frontier for cannabis in the United States is in the food and beverages industry. Although that industry is in its infancy, a large number of startups are springing up on niche retailer shelves and on online platforms selling products containing cannabis. With legalization growing across the country, ma¬jor CPG marketers are investing huge resources to fill their pipeline with new products. Our report will assess the current regulatory and legal status regarding this market, currently available products, marketing channels, and the outlook for cannabis-based food and beverages, including those containing cannabidiol (CBD) and hemp derivatives.
This report will answer the following questions:
- How are marketers messaging product benefits to consumers?
- What claims are being made by market players?
- Which companies are at the forefront of the cannabis food and beverage movement, and what are their models?
- How are retailers merchandising products?
- What does the future hold for this market?
- Key takeaways
- Detailed explanation of regulatory status governing the use of cannabis in foods and beverages in the United States
- Market size
- Market drivers and trends
- Channels of distribution
- Future outlook
Product Category Profiles
Profiles of the most pertinent product categories
(shown in Table 1) will be provided, including the
- Category size
- Category trends and new product introductions
- Product positioning and claims
- Competitive landscape
- Future outlook
Profiles of 10 brands/companies that market cannabis-based food and beverage products will be provided. Information provided includes company overview, sales estimates, new product and marketing activity, product pricing, key claims, and primary distribution channel.
* Subject to charter subscriber input
Scope & Benefits
Cannabis in Food & Beverages: U.S. Market Assessment and Opportunities is an appraisal of this emerging market. The study will explore potential opportunities, assess the regulatory environment for category products, and forecast market potential to 2024.
Included in this study are:
- Food and beverage products that are used for overall health and enjoyment
- Consumer packaged good products
Excluded from this study are:
- Prepared foods and beverages with cannabis such as smoothies and brownies
- Cannabis products used for serious medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilep¬sy, cancer, Crohn’s disease, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, or other diseases typically treated with prescription drugs
- Dietary supplements
- Sublingual drops
- Chews that are used for stress and/or anxiety
The report will provide subscribers with information and insights to:
- Understand legal and regulatory issues sur¬rounding the cannabis market for food and beverages
- Identify potential partnerships
- Consider future business opportunities and how to capitalize on them
- Make predictions about the market for the next five years