Cannabis in Food & Beverages: U.S. Market Assessment and Opportunities
Base Year: 2019
Forecasts to 2024
Published January 2020
Regional Coverage: United States
With the recent passing of the Farm Bill and its tremendous impact on cannabis in many industries including healthcare and beauty, the next frontier for cannabis in the United States is in the food and beverages industry. Although the industry is in its infancy, a large number of startups are springing up on niche retailer shelves and on online platforms selling products containing cannabis. With legalization growing across the country, major CPG marketers are investing huge resources to fill their pipeline with new products. Our report will assess the major trends driving the demand for cannabis-infused food and beverages across the U.S., currently available products, marketing channels, and the outlook for cannabis-based food and beverages, including those con- taining cannabidiol (CBD) and hemp derivatives.
This report will answer the following questions:
- What are the key trends driving the market, and prevailing opportunities?
- How are retailers merchandising products?
- Which companies are at the forefront of the cannabis food and beverage movement?
- What are the current challenges in the industry?
- What does the future hold for this market?
- Market overview
- Detailed explanation of regulatory status governing the use of cannabis in foods and beverages in the United States
- Competitive Landscape
- Market drivers and trends
- Channels of distribution
Product Category Profiles
Profiles of the most pertinent product categories
(shown in Table 1) is provided, including the
- Category overview
- Segment snapshots
Profiles of 10 brands/companies that market cannabis-based food and beverage products are provided. Information provided includes company overview, sales estimates, new product and marketing activity, key claims, and primary distribution channel.
Scope & Benefits
Cannabis in Food & Beverages: U.S. Market Assessment and Opportunities is an appraisal of this emerging market. The study explores potential opportunities, assess the regulatory environment for category products, and forecast market potential to 2024.
Included in this study are:
- Food and beverage products that are used for general consumption and overall wellbeing
- Consumer packaged good products
Excluded from this study are:
- Prepared foods and beverages with cannabis such as smoothies and brownies
- Beverages sold through outlets such as restaurants, cafés, pubs, clubs, and bars
- Cannabis products used for serious medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilep¬sy, cancer, Crohn’s disease, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, or other diseases typically treated with prescription drugs
- Dietary supplements
- Sublingual drops
- Chews that are used for stress and/or anxiety
The report will provide subscribers with information and insights to:
- Understand key challenges surrounding the cannabis market for food and beverages
- Identify potential partnerships
- Consider future business opportunities and how to capitalize on them
- Make predictions about the market for the next five years