Active Ingredients in Nutraceuticals: Multi-regional Market Analysis and Opportunities
Base Year: 2018
To Be Published 2nd Quarter 2019
Forecasts to 2023
Regional Coverage: Europe, United States
The market for active ingredients in nutraceuticals represents increasingly interesting business opportunities due to a combination of positive factors. Awareness among people about the benefits of eating healthy foods and rising healthcare costs encouraging consumers to look for dietary supplements or foods helping to avoid chronic conditions are among the key drivers for the growth of nutraceuticals. This report will be a comprehensive analysis of the actives used in functional foods or used as dietary supplements, their consumption and supply, drivers and restraints affecting their growth, and various benefits that they provide to health wellbeing. The data will be presented in a new interactive database containing data on seven key ingredient groups in the key regional markets of the United States and Europe. The database will provide overall market size of these ingredients by regions, benefits, and suppliers.
This report will help subscribers to:
- What is the size of the nutraceutical actives market by region, product category, and functionality?
- What are the growth prospects within each region and application for nutraceutical actives?
- How are consumers' expectations answered by nutraceutical active ingredients suppliers?
- What conditions are the growing segments?
- How is innovation translating in this market?
- What regulations are affecting the market?
- What are comparative pricing differences for each product by region?
- Who are the leading suppliers of active ingredients to this market?
Active Ingredients in Nutraceuticals: Multi-regional Market Analysis and Opportunities will consist of two key deliverables: a fully interactive database based on a new platform and a report per ingredient group for every region covered in the study structured as given below:
Market Introduction and Overview
- Introduction to nutraceutical actives
- Regulatory overview
- Competitive landscape
Polyphenols and Flavonoids
Proteins and Peptides
Vitamins and Minerals (only synthetic active ingredients)
For each nutraceutical active, the following information will be provided:
- Market overview
- Pricing analysis
- Market sizing
- Competitive structure
- Market share analysis
- Key market drivers and constraints
- Market forecast and outlook
This chapter will provide an overview of key functionality, for example, improving cardiovascular health, including the actives that help in improving cardiovascular health and potential for this market.
Ten suppliers will be profiled in each regional report.
The accompanying database will provide quick access to the 2017 market data. The interactive functions of the database will allow users to customize views according to supplier, ingredient type, and application. Data will include:
- Consumption of nutraceuticals actives by functionality and region
- Supplier sales by nutraceuticals active by region
- Average market pricing by region
- Forecast consumption of nutraceutical active within a five-year timeframe
Scope & Benefits
Active Ingredients in Nutraceuticals will provide a detailed independent appraisal of the key markets represented by Europe and the United States and cover various market considerations, such as functionality, product trends and prices, distribution channels, supplier sales, and technical and market trends. Nutraceutical actives included within this program will be grouped into the following categories:
- Polyphenols and flavonoids
- Proteins and peptides
- Vitamins and minerals (only synthetic active ingredients)
The following key functionalities will be covered in the study:
- Bone health improvement
- Cardiovascular health (blood pressure control, blood clots, cholesterol controls, etc.)
- Diabetes control
- Eye health improvement/eye disease control
- Immunity boosters
- Mental health
- Metabolic system support
- Skin health
- Tumor control
This research program will provide marketing and product managers and directors within the healthcare ingredients industry with an understanding of the evolution of the market in each significant region, product group, and application. As a result, subscribers will be better positioned to exploit identified business opportunities at a day-to-day operational level and during the strategic planning process. This program will provide subscribers with:
- Identification of key growth areas by product and geography to enable development of targeted sales and marketing strategies to exploit high growth areas
- Highlights of new product developments which will influence growth in the market and also impact market share of existing products, thus allowing subscribers to develop the appropriate business strategy to follow growth or protect share
- An appraisal of market trends and supply and demand drivers, enabling subscribers to position their products to maximize trends within the market
- Competitive intelligence for use in benchmarking and to enable subscribers to identify best practices in the industry
- Forecasting scenarios from which to base solid strategic business plans