Specialty Actives in Personal Care: Global Market Analysis and Opportunities
Base Year: 2019
To be Published 4th Quarter 2019 and 1st Quarter 2020
Forecasts to 2024
Regional Coverage: Brazil, China, Europe, Japan, South Korea, United States
Biofunctional active ingredients continue to be among the fastest-growing segments in the personal care industry and are therefore a very dynamic market. While Europe and the United States remain key markets, other geographies represent major potential growth areas, but each regional market has its own set of drivers and restraints. This study assesses the market for substantiated active ingredients used in personal care formulations.
This Program Helps Subscribers Answer Key Questions Such as:
- What is the size of the specialty actives market by region, category, and functionality?
- What are the growth prospects within each region and application for active ingredients?
- What are local consumers’ expectations, and how are these expectations answered by active ingredients suppliers?
- How are regulations affecting innovation in different regions?
- What are comparative pricing differences for each active ingredient by region?
- Who are the leading and innovative suppliers?
- How has merger and acquisition activity shaped the market?
- What are the popular claims, and which claims are expected to be successful in the future?
Market Introduction and Overview
- Introduction to specialty actives
- Regulatory overview
- Competitive landscape
Proteins and Peptides
Synthetic Active Ingredients
Enzyme and Coenzymes
For each specialty active, the following information is provided:
- Market overview
- Pricing analysis
- Market sizing
- Competitive structure
- Market share analysis
- Key market drivers and constraints
- Market forecast and outlook
This chapter provides an overview of key functionality, for example, anti-aging, including the actives defined as “anti-aging” and potential for this market.
While functionality (i.e. moisturizing, anti-oxidant, etc.) is an important product attribute, its claim (i.e. anti-pollution, blue light protection, etc.) is at least equally important as it is often going to be used in the finished product’s marketing message. This chapter provides an assessment of successful claims as well as an appraisal of claims expected to drive the market in the future.
Ten suppliers are profiled in each regional report.
The accompanying database provides quick access to the 2019 market data, with historic data for Europe and the United State, Brazil, and China (see Table 1). The interactive functions of the database allows users to customize views according to supplier, ingredient type, and application. Data includes:
- Consumption of specialty active by functionality and region
- Supplier sales by specialty active by region
- Average market pricing by region
- Forecast consumption of specialty active within a five-year timeframe
Scope & Benefits
Specialty Actives in Personal Care: Global Market Analysis and Opportunities provides a detailed independent appraisal of the key regional markets, including Europe and the United States, the developing China and Brazil, and the trendsetting Japan and South Korea.. The reports assess current and forecast demand by major product and functionality, product trends and prices, distribution channels, supplier sales, and technical and market trends. Specialty actives included within this program are grouped into the following categories:
The following key functionality is explored by specialty active family (see Figure 1):
This research program provides marketing and product managers within the personal care ingredients industry with an understanding of the evolution of the active ingredients market in each significant region, product group, and application. As a result, subscribers will be better positioned to exploit identified business opportunities at a day-to-day operational level and
during the strategic planning process. This program provides subscribers with:
- Identification of key growth by product and geography to enable development of targeted sales and marketing strategies to exploit high growth areas
- Highlights of new product developments which will influence growth in the market and also impact market share of existing products, thus allowing subscribers to develop the appropriate business strategy to follow growth or protect share
- An appraisal of market trends, supply and demand drivers enabling subscribers to position their products to maximize trends within the market
- Competitive intelligence for use in benchmarking and to enable subscribers to identify best practices in the industry
- Forecasting scenarios from which to base solid strategic business plans