Beauty Retailing China: Analysis and Opportunities in the Direct Sales and Specialty Stores Channels
Base Year: 2018
Published January 2019
Forecasts to 2023
Regional Coverage: China
A robust analysis of the ever-changing environment for retailing cosmetics and toiletries in the direct and specialty store channels in China. With insightful channel and retailer profiles, our analysis provides a clear view of the retail landscape specific to beauty and personal care products for the important Chinese market.
This Report Helps Subscribers Understand
- What are some of the fresh, new beauty retail formats that launched/expanded?
- What are brick-and-mortar stores doing to attract consumers into their specialty stores and create an omni-channel approach?
- Who are up-and-coming direct and specialty retailers?
- How is technology infusing new interest in the shopping experience at physical beauty stores?
- Key takeaways
- Channel developments
- Data highlights for 2017 and 2018
- Snapshots of leading channel players
- Outlook and assessment
Purchase Channel Profiles
Detailed analysis of each purchase channel and sub-channel as shown in Table 1. The cosmetics and toiletries categories covered are listed in Table 2. Information includes the following:
- Channel developments
- Analysis by store type/subclass
- Leading retailers
- Marketing and promotional activity
- Outlook to 2023
Profiles of 10 retailers as listed in Table 3 are provided with specific discussions relating to the beauty business of these companies, including the following information:
- Recent developments
- Cosmetics and toiletry sales in 2017 and 2018
- Cosmetics assortment and key brands offered
- Marketing activity
- Outlook 2023
Scope & Benefits
Beauty Retailing China: Analysis and Opportunities in the Direct Sales and Specialty Stores Channels provides subscribers with insights into the dynamically growing direct sales and specialty stores channels. The report focuses on the beauty and personal care market.
- Category scope mirrors Kline's Cosmetics & Toiletries USA program, encompassing four product classes—fragrances, hair care, makeup, and skin care
- Reporting at the retail and manufacturers' sales level
- Coverage of mainland China
This comprehensive report enables subscribers to exploit business opportunities by illustrating the retailing dynamics in one of the most important markets of the personal care industry.
- Delivers the information and insights required to capitalize on changes and shifts taking place in terms of store formats and expansions
- Includes one day of consultation time with members of the research team, which can be used for assistance with expansion plans or to explore information related to the industry.
- Explains the business practices and strategies of specific types of retailers, supported by profiles of key cosmetics and toiletries direct and specialty retailers, as well as up-and-coming ones
- Identifies and explains the two channels in a clear and consistent fashion