China and Japan are the cornerstone markets for professional beauty in Asia. Professional hair, skin, and nail products—which were traditionally found in salons, beauty institutes, and aesthetic physicians’ offices in China—have successfully found new avenues in brick-and-mortar stores, e-commerce outlets, and live streaming platforms, such as Douyin. This shift is not as strong as that in Japan, where the market is much more conservative, and brands are cautious about expanding beyond professional channels.
Download this presentation, given by Pierre Zolghadri, Senior Business Development Manager in Kline’s Beauty and Wellbeing sector, at the 2023 edition of Cosmoprof Asia to identify key similarities and differences, as well as learn what the future holds for each category and market. Find answers to the following questions:
- Which market segment offers the most opportunities for growth?
- What are the fastest-growing product categories?
- Which channels exhibit the highest sales potential?
- Which brands are leading the way?
- What are the latest product trends?